I was looking at the other blogs to make sure I didn't have the same quote as anyone, and sure enough I did, I have the same quote Nate does, but i'll try to come at it in a different way.
Quote:
"Before my father's illness, I'd thought that the sicker a person was, the harder doctors would try to save him. Not so, it seemed."
Significance: A lot of people think this way. Especially coming from a country like Haiti. But in America is it ever the way a lot of people think? Everyone thinks it's so perfect and that people are so kind. But really it's completely opposite. To Edwidge, her father means so much to her. But to the doctors, he is just another patient, they'll do what they can but they won't do their best. It always seems to be the same. The doctors don't make a miracle happen, they probably could, if it were someone they cared for. But since her father is just another patient to the doctors, it's not as important to them as it would be if it were one of their family members.
Reflection: I totally agree with how she thought. Of course you'd think people who are sicker would be helped more, or the doctors would try a little harder, but it's time to face reality; they don't. It's really shocking tho. Especially with an illness as bad as his. But I guess everything is done for a reason. Thats what I believe at least.
Significance: A lot of people think this way. Especially coming from a country like Haiti. But in America is it ever the way a lot of people think? Everyone thinks it's so perfect and that people are so kind. But really it's completely opposite. To Edwidge, her father means so much to her. But to the doctors, he is just another patient, they'll do what they can but they won't do their best. It always seems to be the same. The doctors don't make a miracle happen, they probably could, if it were someone they cared for. But since her father is just another patient to the doctors, it's not as important to them as it would be if it were one of their family members.
Reflection: I totally agree with how she thought. Of course you'd think people who are sicker would be helped more, or the doctors would try a little harder, but it's time to face reality; they don't. It's really shocking tho. Especially with an illness as bad as his. But I guess everything is done for a reason. Thats what I believe at least.

0 comments:
Post a Comment