BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Brother I'm Dying Post 4

Quote #1 "Was my uncle going to jail because he was a Hatian? This is a question he probably asked himself. This is a question I still ask myself. Was he going to jail because he was black? If he were white, cuban, anything other then Haitian, would he have been going to Krome?"
Significance:
I think this definitely represents some racism. But although their not very sure he is going to jail for those reasons, they are still considering racism. There is racism all over the world. I feel that a lot of people will feel they must do certain things because of their race. I feel very strongly about racism. Because weather your skin is white, tan, or black, your skin color doesn't mean anything, your still a normal person.

I think this world is now a lot better with racism then it was before. But there is still plenty racism going on. Even in our countries we have many blacks in our jails, because often times people of color can’t afford to pay for good defense. Stitistics have shown.

Reflection: I can’t really relate too much to this quote, but I do hear racism going on these days. I don’t agree with racism I don’t. But does anyone? It is really bad, but we can’t stop the people that do it. I wish we could. I’ve seen it happening, and I’d say “that’s so mean” but I never actually try to get people to stop being racist.

Question:How do you feel about this quote, and about racism ?

Quote #2:
“After my uncle Joseph died, my father told me he only dreamt of him only once, and never in the small group he pictured around his bed. In my father’s dream, when my uncle calls him form Maxo’s apartment the night he nearly died, my father actually makes it there on time to ride in the ambulance with him and hold his hands as the paramedics drill the tracheotomy hole in his neck.”

Significance: This quote struck me like lightning. When my grandmother died, it was like the part he hadn’t dreamt about because, she was laying in her bed, taking her last few breaths, surrounded by 7 family members, and my sister and I, her last words were “I love you all” when she took her last breath the first tear streamed down my check, then more and more fell ‘til I was sobbing, I went into the kitchen and told my mom what happened, the tears immediately fell down her cheeks. We knew it was going to happen, we just didn’t expect it to be so soon. I wish I could have been right beside her when she took her last breath, I wish I could’ve been the one holding her hand. It was one of the most tragic days of my life. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I don’t think I appreciated her enough, I wish she could be here today so I could tell her how much I loved her. I think that’s how her father felt. I think he feels and wishes that his brother was here today, so he could tell him how much he loves him.

Character Judgement: For Joseph, that must have been so scary, not knowing weather you were going to live or die. That must have been one of the worst feelings. Especially when your getting a hole drilled through your neck. I think for her, she just wants to know that her father&him are in a good place. People always say “He/she is in a better place now” But how do we know this ? How does anyone know this? We all want answers, yet none are answered.

Question 2: Have you ever felt like this about someone who has passed away?

0 comments: