Liar
Justine Larbalestier

1. Pretend you have "special" powers and could put yourself in your reading. Where would you put yourself in the story and why?
How would you being there change the story?
I would put myself in the book, because I'm thinking maybe I'd be able to help Micah face a lot of her problems. I feel like maybe I could go into the story, and become Micah's friend. Obviously she doesn't have too many friends. She is known as the school liar. I can kind of understand why.
I think that If I were to go into the story, I would try and convince her to tell Sarah the truth. Sarah is Zach's in school boyfriend. Micah was Zach's after hours boyfriend. Micah lied to Sarah, she wouldn't tell her the truth about Zach. Since Zach, from what we heard, died. If people knew that she was his boyfriend things might change. Also, Micah doesn't have much of a social life, telling the truth might finally change the way people think about her. But I'm also thinking that telling the truth people might think that the truth--is a lie. No one trusts Micah, so she'll never be able to tell the truth. Every time she walks down the hall people murmur the word 'slut' But I think that I can change that. I think if Micah really tries she is able to tell the truth, I would be the one to help her tell the truth, once she comes clean about one thing, it won't stop she will keep telling the truth and the lying will all end. I will teach her how to be trusted again.
__________________________________________________
Second Question [EXTRA CREDIT]
Write a journal entry as if you were one of the characters.
My name is Micah. Now known as the lying slut. I've always been known as a liar, even since freshman year. Now that people are starting to find out I was dating Zach while he was Sarah's, I am known as a slut. Once you get a reputation in high school, there's no changing that. You can't lie out of it. All you can do is confuse people with your lies, but theres never a way out of it.
I sure wish there was though. I tell myself I will stop lying, but I can't. I have a lying compulsion. I do not stop lying. It's my only way out of my problems. Everything I tell Sarah, she has believed, 'til now. Now everytime I tell her something she asks "Is that a lie, Micah, is it? Why should I believe you?" Now nobody believes things I say. The only one that did was Zach, he believed me because I told him the truth. It was only him I never lied to him. I loved him too much to lie. Now I can't believe that he could be out there, with no air left in his lungs. How could anybody kill him, no one had nothing against him. I want to tell the truth, the lies just keep slipping out, for me it feels impossible to tell the truth. I know eventually I will. Eventually, I'll have to.

0 comments:
Post a Comment